subscription ran out

Tue Jul 28 2015, 15:37 by juliecg

hi all thanks for the add
does anybody know how I could update my starview 7 box as my …

Comments: 0

greetings

Mon Jul 13 2015, 05:27 by guffie999

just a few words thanking the people [ & mods ] †on this forum for accepting my application to …

Comments: 4

sly f5 boxes

Sun Apr 26 2015, 22:06 by renault786

hello everyone new to all this, anyone know about slyf5 box

Comments: 1

Affiliates
Get a free Giffgaff Sim ... MrModchips Newsdemon

Goodbye to my beloved Kryptview

:: Kryptview

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Goodbye to my beloved Kryptview

Post by jeffo on Fri Mar 25 2016, 19:10

Have finally had to accept to give up my Kryptview and seek alternative options after 7 years of the brilliant Starview & Kryptview service and help from using this site.
† Am lucky to have a satellite dish so have gone to the openbox and pay a yearly gift price to the server provider.†
† Have been running two f5s openboxes in my house upstairs for the last two years and must admit they are great and now the latest v8s to replace my kryptview.
† Gotta be careful of who the providers are as they can be resellers and not the server owners but if you do your homework you should be ok. The guy i have been using the last two years charges £25 for two lines in the same house and very reliable. They provide Ccam and Newcamd lines and quality is excellent.
† The boxes are about £35 on ebay and are very easy to set up, so for a year the initial cost would be †£60 total then a yearly renewal of line fee. But obviously you need sat dish and internet connection. They also work great on wifi dongle aswell.
† I have and tried the new media streamer boxes (kodi) but in my opinion ok for an emergency option as trying to find streams and links that stop working is a pain. You dont need to buy the boxes you see on ebay either. You can download exactly the same Kodi download on your pc and run from there so save your money.
† Thanks kryptview and the guys on this site for all the help over the years, i will check in to see†
whats happening just in case, but for now my kryptview is in the cupboard but hopefully may make a return. Cheers

jeffo
Adviser
Adviser

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Goodbye to my beloved Kryptview

Post by morehelpme on Sat Mar 26 2016, 20:16

why go for an inferior box when cable has hd channels and you spend more time keeping box upto date with channel lists.
dont buy box and gift together.

morehelpme

Number of posts : 2125
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by k4n3y on Sun Mar 27 2016, 10:51

i paid £60 for two Vm lines,been on for good few months now with no problems and loads of hd channels but have i overpaid or are sky lines cheaper,can't see a difference though really

k4n3y
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by morehelpme on Sun Mar 27 2016, 16:53

cable is dearer than sat.

morehelpme

Back to top Go down

Post by k4n3y on Mon Mar 28 2016, 10:15

TBH £60 is fine for a year really,especially with two seperate servers,no down time,just the thought of it being cheaper appeals to the miser in me.
Would others buy kryptview again?,i am on the fence as i had years of service and understand they need to make money but the trust is a little shaky now

k4n3y
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffo on Mon Mar 28 2016, 10:43

I appreciate moderators comments about an inferior box but that i can only comment that i have used these boxes for over 2 years and they do the job very well. You also get most of the hd channels aswell ie: all btspt. Once you bought the box, the yearly cost will only be about £25-30 for 2 lines. Regarding the channel updates i only do that when some are not working and then it only takes a few minutes. I am still keeping vm as my inet provider but the only reason i stayed with them was because of my starview and kryptview. If you are lucky enough to have a sat dish on house then as a cheap alternative that does the job very well then its worth a look and not much money either.

jeffo
Adviser
Adviser

Back to top Go down

Post by morehelpme on Mon Mar 28 2016, 12:20

the main issues with any boxes is that people dont do enough research before buying and end up with issues with loss of channels.
you seem to have mastered how to use correctly

morehelpme

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffo on Mon Mar 28 2016, 14:01

Yeh, your totally spot on. Gotta do your homework on any of these boxes, and this forum over the years has been a great help to everyone.†
The main issue with the server providers are
whether they own and maintain the servers or resellers(they dont own the server, just advertise the gift package and sell it on to you). Problem with this is if you suddenly lose all channels then the support from reseller disappears. †Like you previously said dont buy box and package together. The openboxes i buy have already the latest channel update, then once you receive your ccam or nline config and enter it your sorted. You tube have loads of videos on how easy it is.
† As the alternative cable boxes are quite a lot of money then its an option.

jeffo
Adviser
Adviser

Back to top Go down

Post by morehelpme on Mon Mar 28 2016, 22:14

cable box like an edison is only £79 + sub what price was the kv when bought?

morehelpme

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffo on Tue Mar 29 2016, 10:59

I paid about £150, and that was quite a few years ago.

jeffo
Adviser
Adviser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top