subscription ran out

Tue Jul 28 2015, 15:37 by juliecg

hi all thanks for the add
does anybody know how I could update my starview 7 box as my …

Comments: 0

greetings

Mon Jul 13 2015, 05:27 by guffie999

just a few words thanking the people [ & mods ]  on this forum for accepting my application to …

Comments: 4

sly f5 boxes

Sun Apr 26 2015, 22:06 by renault786

hello everyone new to all this, anyone know about slyf5 box

Comments: 1

Affiliates
Get a free Giffgaff Sim ... MrModchips Newsdemon

New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by jonpc on Sat Jun 25 2011, 23:07

deadbird wrote:whats the cable box 2 go for now if the s7 no good

No choice Kryptview A780

jonpc
.
.

Number of posts : 2768
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by deadbird on Sun Jun 26 2011, 09:02

is there subs to pay on the kryp a780 whats involved in setting them up

deadbird
Learning
Learning

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by jonpc on Sun Jun 26 2011, 09:09

No subs to pay,although it could go the same way as SV but so could all c/s set-ups

Have a read,
http://dooby2oons.googoolz.com/t2123-set-up-kryptview-a780#11416

jonpc
.
.

Number of posts : 2768
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by baggiebri on Sun Jun 26 2011, 10:14

a780 running fine fingers crossed Very Happy
avatar
baggiebri
.
.

Male
Number of posts : 1354
Age : 53
Location : Black Country
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

What advice would you give if there is no other option but to pay?

Post by delwashy on Thu Jun 30 2011, 18:13

Myself i rely heavily on being able to wach my box as i'm housebound and severly disabled and my benefits cant stretch to the real deal and if my box went down i would be devastated. Going back to preview after years of free enjoyment and eccess to new firmware is not something i cherish more like a nightmare. Do i sit around search forums or related sites for a fix i'm getting stressed looking at my expiry date. i cant afford to bin my box do i buckle to sv support team? please have you got some postive solution to this sudden greed? Dont want to sound like a loser so i would appreciate some feed back please. Thank you delwashy.

delwashy
Newbie
Newbie

Male
Number of posts : 15
Location : Greater Manchester
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by jonpc on Thu Jun 30 2011, 18:36

It was known in most places the SV would last only a year at most hence the reason to buy the KV
Now that SV gave moved the goalposts and shorten the deal I for one would not trust their support.
It may be best to use ebay before it expires and try a KV but there is guarantee on that box either.
Then there's the sat side again no guarantee on that and a fee will be required.

jonpc
.
.

Number of posts : 2768
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by delwashy on Thu Jun 30 2011, 19:03

Thank you for your quick reply and advice i'll look on ebay for KV and use it as back up,why this sudden rush to grab the poor mans money cos if i didn't have any cash flow problems i'd have the rel deal with focking suguar on top.I suppose it's the sign of the times but thanks again and i hope to communicate again an happier subjects. Cheers pal.

delwashy
Newbie
Newbie

Male
Number of posts : 15
Location : Greater Manchester
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by morehelpme on Fri Jul 01 2011, 01:51

you could also try skywonder by phone or email for the kv780

morehelpme
.
.

Number of posts : 2125
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by jaivikp on Wed Aug 03 2011, 15:28

I just bought a SV7, its says 'scramble' I have put carling 1.03/1.04 and sm etc still does not work? please help?

jaivikp

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-03

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by morehelpme on Wed Aug 03 2011, 20:25

wrong firmware smgo 221 in the sv 7 section and you will have to pay extra to view channels.

http://dooby2oons.googoolz.com/t2130-starview-7-update-guide
then read this
http://dooby2oons.googoolz.com/t2490-not-registered-error-update-15-06-11

morehelpme
.
.

Number of posts : 2125
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by the man on Thu Aug 04 2011, 23:12

Hi,
My SV7 has been working fine but last few days I have notice some of the my channel have stop working.. So I rescanned my box and now all channels not working.. keep getting a login message with my box number and Old SW.. any ideas???

the man
Learning
Learning

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by fez1965boro on Fri Aug 05 2011, 08:58

the man wrote:Hi,
My SV7 has been working fine but last few days I have notice some of the my channel have stop working.. So I rescanned my box and now all channels not working.. keep getting a login message with my box number and Old SW.. any ideas???
look in menu then utilities click system info and read there i think you probs reached your expiry date if not got to channel 511 and then push 1819 see if it connects but give it a minute or 2

fez1965boro
Adviser
Adviser

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-04-05

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by the man on Fri Aug 05 2011, 21:34

i have just down loaded fresh version sv7 firmware and back on for now!!!!!!

the man
Learning
Learning

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by fez1965boro on Sat Aug 06 2011, 09:41

the man wrote:i have just down loaded fresh version sv7 firmware and back on for now!!!!!!
if you look in menu then utilities then system info itl say expiry date when your box il go off m8

fez1965boro
Adviser
Adviser

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-04-05

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by the man on Sat Aug 06 2011, 19:01

yh I hav checked it, November...

the man
Learning
Learning

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by livstar on Sat Aug 06 2011, 20:42

hi there, iv updated the box just as in the instructions but when i put in 1819 on channel 511 it says 'enable' but all the channels are still scrambled? what do i do? is there something i may have done wrong along the way? thankss

livstar

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by morehelpme on Sun Aug 07 2011, 00:37

at a glance did you pay a sub to view?
http://dooby2oons.googoolz.com/t2490-not-registered-error-update-15-06-11

if box has message not registered -you will need to pay a fee to view

morehelpme
.
.

Number of posts : 2125
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by doddy01 on Sun Aug 07 2011, 11:52

I have a wierd problem.. I am aware that the SV7'S now require a sub to view all chanels and as been " not connected" for a while Mad BUT on friday evening i was watching BBC1 and thought i would just flick through and would you believe it ALL the chanels was on and connected Very Happy and stayed on till this morning when low and behold the scramble icon appears and the not connected ... any ideas on whats happened or if anyone else as had the same thing happen to them Exclamation
Also when i try to update the firmware i make sure the usb drive is formatted to FAT32 but when i try to load it on the SV7 nothing comes up as though there is nothing on the usb stick
My box currently ass an experation date of 15 October 2011

doddy01

Male
Number of posts : 8
Location : Manchester
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by morehelpme on Sun Aug 07 2011, 12:41

it may also be a break in lan services you should not have to reflash boxes all the time.have you tried powering off at the back modem router and box for a min then on.

morehelpme
.
.

Number of posts : 2125
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by livstar on Sun Aug 07 2011, 13:55

morehelpme wrote:at a glance did you pay a sub to view?
http://dooby2oons.googoolz.com/t2490-not-registered-error-update-15-06-11

if box has message not registered -you will need to pay a fee to view

nope i didnt pay a sub to view and as far as i know, a message of it not being registered has not appeared either :S

livstar

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by jonpc on Sun Aug 07 2011, 15:03

Starview at the moment is all up in the air,appears to be a different set-up for everyone.
Are there any FTA channels showing BBC ITV etc
Check system info I think yhat show when box is due to go off.
Has the box ever work with encripted channels

jonpc
.
.

Number of posts : 2768
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by doddy01 on Mon Aug 08 2011, 17:58

morehelpme wrote:it may also be a break in lan services you should not have to reflash boxes all the time.have you tried powering off at the back modem router and box for a min then on.

Yes tried that when it 1st happened ... put the firmware on the box yesterday @ 12pm and all come back on "connected" on 99% of the stations didnt even have to do the 1819 enable was just on .... wierd but not complaining, been looking at the blade box but seems a little to complicated for a novice like me (hence why i have SV plug in download and install FW and hey presto)

doddy01

Male
Number of posts : 8
Location : Manchester
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by livstar on Tue Aug 09 2011, 17:40

jonpc wrote:Starview at the moment is all up in the air,appears to be a different set-up for everyone.
Are there any FTA channels showing BBC ITV etc
Check system info I think yhat show when box is due to go off.
Has the box ever work with encripted channels

yep the FTA channels are working atm and the box worked in the past but went down a few months ago.
and i have been on system info but not sure how to find the expiry date :S

livstar

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by morehelpme on Tue Aug 09 2011, 18:44

if the box went down months ago i would say wrong firmware is on it and maybe to get it running a sub may be needed.
in system info what firmware does it say?

morehelpme
.
.

Number of posts : 2125
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by jonpc on Tue Aug 09 2011, 18:52

Just to add to the above,this is from another member on the forum
If you look in menu then utilities then system info itl say expiry date when your box il go off.
Reckon you may have to subscrible

jonpc
.
.

Number of posts : 2768
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by k12rtm on Tue Aug 09 2011, 19:18

doddy01 wrote:
morehelpme wrote:it may also be a break in lan services you should not have to reflash boxes all the time.have you tried powering off at the back modem router and box for a min then on.

Yes tried that when it 1st happened ... put the firmware on the box yesterday @ 12pm and all come back on "connected" on 99% of the stations didnt even have to do the 1819 enable was just on .... wierd but not complaining, been looking at the blade box but seems a little to complicated for a novice like me (hence why i have SV plug in download and install FW and hey presto)


I've pm'd you with details on the Blade box. Its really not hard to setup at all .

You'll hopefully find the info useful when you finally lose patience with Starview's rubbish server Mad and decide to spend your money wisely on a nice blade bm7000 hd box. Smile

k12rtm
Learning
Learning

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by doddy01 on Fri Aug 12 2011, 17:45

k12rtm wrote:
doddy01 wrote:
morehelpme wrote:it may also be a break in lan services you should not have to reflash boxes all the time.have you tried powering off at the back modem router and box for a min then on.

Yes tried that when it 1st happened ... put the firmware on the box yesterday @ 12pm and all come back on "connected" on 99% of the stations didnt even have to do the 1819 enable was just on .... wierd but not complaining, been looking at the blade box but seems a little to complicated for a novice like me (hence why i have SV plug in download and install FW and hey presto)


I've pm'd you with details on the Blade box. Its really not hard to setup at all .

You'll hopefully find the info useful when you finally lose patience with Starview's rubbish server Mad and decide to spend your money wisely on a nice blade bm7000 hd box. Smile

Cheers for the info but the main problem is i dont have a dish to hook the blade upto ....lol no doubt there is a post in the blade section on how to DIY or somewhere on the net so might have a look into it .. failing that could always go with a kryptview a780 but who knows in the future what will happen with them as the saying goes "you pay your money and take the chance" whichever way its far cheaper than monthly subscriptions to actual provider

doddy01

Male
Number of posts : 8
Location : Manchester
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

starview 7 august 2011

Post by rajdeep on Mon Aug 15 2011, 20:40

i was wondering i anybody has go the latest starview 7 firmware august 2011
thanks people
avatar
rajdeep

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by morehelpme on Mon Aug 15 2011, 20:44

post1 and welcome aboard.

morehelpme
.
.

Number of posts : 2125
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

smog221

Post by jasclaimant on Mon Aug 15 2011, 23:45

did exactly as the script in installing but msg still showing as expiry date of today 15 Aug 2011 and confirmed in the system Information. So cant view any channels.

Any ideas how to progress from here.

Thanks guys/gals in advance, this site is so cool. PS Sorry I am a newbie

jasclaimant

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: New SV Firmware 09/06/11

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum